Today I’m pleased to be sharing Coffee with Amina Najmi.
She is a B.A. Honors 1st year student residing in Udaipur (Rajasthan). She aspires to be a novelist and poetess. She has been writing since past 6 years. Her key genres are about love and its consequences, also personifying inanimate articles. She also write for landscapes, portraits and content writing for websites. She is thankful to her parents and friends who have supported her through thick and thin in her writing career.
Read on below to find out more about Amina
1.When did you start writing and what do you think attracted you to poetry?
I started writing 4 years back in 2015. The thing that made me interested in writing was my father’s poetry which got published in an esteemed book of poetry which was written for my mother.
2. Do you think poetry has a purpose? Is there something particular that good poetry ought to do?
Yes, poetry does have a purpose. A poetry should impact its reader in a positive manner. The underlying meaning should create a change in the reader for the betterment of their well-being.
3. Which poets or poems most inspire you?
‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost is a poem which has deeply impacted my life. Since then my journey of poetry started. It taught me that choosing a less traveled path can be fruitful and we should attempt something different and we don’t always need to be mediocre. And the other poet is of course my dad, from whom I have learnt to write about the love genre.
4. Do the Internet and social media contribute to the well-being of poetry?
Yes, they do. If a person is ready to accept a wide range of feedbacks as criticism and appreciation the best platform to discover is social media. Just the family or peer group shouldn’t be the only one’s we share our poetry with, the sky is the limit.
5. How important is accessibility of meaning? Should one have to work hard to “solve” the poem?
As a poetess I believe the poetry should have an underlying meaning. Poetry is written to convey something secretly with beauty, if we had to say something plain we could have just said it, right?
1. Current relationship status : Single! Having crushes
2. Coffee, tea, neither, or both? : Coffee
3. 5 people you love the most : Mom, Dad, Sister, Best friends & Myself
4. Something that annoys you : Annoying people who talk too much.
5. Smell you love : Bukhoor
What do you think?
Make me smile………leave a comment or question.
1,076 total views, 42 views today